Most Popular Posts since I started blogging in Feb 2008:

Friday, July 23, 2010

HIV Viral loads and your life circumstances

In this week's Dallas Vioice is an article about Dustin Mattlage who is HIV liek me and who got evicted. And now his viral load went through the roof. They are trying to show that if you got stress in your life or a lot it can affect how your HIV goes.

My own tcell count too a nosedive last week but like my bf (and my doc) said it bounced back. And I don't even have any special stress.. I love my bf and he fucks me, I have a job and do ok. But I freak when my tcell do down with no reason and I have a lil bit of an obsession to check for any signs of karposi. Thats what really freaks me out what if I start getting that what will my bf say or do.. like if hes gonna puke and dump me.

"Mattlage said a recent 200-point drop in his CD4 count was caused by the stress of a current eviction demonstrates the importance of stable housing for people living with AIDS." I think that is def true. I have my own place and I pay my rent but what I really want is to move in with my boyfriend like all official but he gets mad when I even bring it up. I do worry whats gonna happen tho if I get really sick. The meds make me feel like shit and throw up and all that sometimes, but it's not that I am really SICK. I was a lot more sick when I was still a junkie years ago, only it didn't feel like it, but I was.

Anyway I figured I should mention this one. The full story is in the papers this week and its online here too: Dallas Voice Story

No comments:

Kevin's Followers